Home
News
Churches
About
 
#
Quick links
Churchman
Church Society Trust
Churchman
EV News

 CST Patronage

In providing links to parishes and dioceses we are not indicating that we approve of the content of those websites.

Previous - Next - Full List

Original:Bebington
Dedication:St Andrew
Benefice:Bebington, St Andrew s
St Andrew s Church (source unknown )
Diocese: Chester
Patronage:Sole
Where patronage is exercised by turns Church Society Trust may have had no role in an appointment. Where patronage is held jointly the Trust likewise has a reduced role. Where a living is suspended the involvement of the Trust depends on the circumstances and the attitude of the Bishop.
Acquired from:F Perrott
Acquired by:CAT
Date:1917
Status of Benefice:
Link: Parish Website
Location: Multimap Link
CST Ref:8
The following are schemes, pictures and other documents relating to this parish
20th July 1989Scheme for the new benefice of Holy Trinity, Poulton Lancelyn
Documents:1) Grant of advowson of Bebington, Revd George Feilden to Robert Feilden and another, 21/8/1865. 2) Conveyance of Bebington Advowson, Finch Perrott to Church Association Trust, 15/8/1917. the advowson and premises were purchased and acquired by Finch Perrott for the agreed purpose of conveying the same unto the Church Association Trust .the said hereditaments and premises being the advowson and perpetual right of patronage nomination and presentation of and to the Rectory and Parish Church of Bebington.
Parsonage:The Rectory was built in the 1880s by Canon G R Feilden on land which he owned. His grandfather purchased the advowson from the previous Rector in the 1820s and both Canon Feilden and his father were Rectors of Bebington for a period in excess of 60 yrs. Canon Feilden grandfather bought a lot of land in Bebington and it was on part of this land the the Rectory was built. Because they owned a lot of land in Bebington, there was no specific title deed for the parcel of land on which the Rectory was situated. The Feilden family gradually disposed of their holdings in Bebington between 1907 and 1925 but they never officially disposed of the Rectory. There are no title deeds to the Rectory. There have been two occasions when Rectory land has been sold. The first was the disposal of what is now the municipal car park in the mid 1960s and the second, was the disposal of the land where the Church Hall was built in the 1950s. On both occasions no deeds were available and evidence of title consisted of a Statutory Declaration made by a parishioner who had been resident in the parish for a long time and who had been involved in church affairs for a long time, confirming that the land was occupied by a Rectory. When a parcel of land was transferred from the benefice to the PCC, a mortgage amongst the parish records was discovered under the Gilbert Acts, whereby Mr Rainey mortgaged the benefice to raise money and this was done in the the first decade of the 20th Century. This was accepted as proof of title. (Source of information: Nicholas Thomas, Hon. Secretary, Bebington PCC, 2007)
Crockfords: Crockfords Link
A Church Near You: ACNY Link

back to top

 

CST Main pages

>> CST Home

>> About CST

>> Vacancies

>> Appointments (leaflets)

>> Apply to the Trust

>> Parishes List

>> Request Prayer

 search church society
Bullet Click for advanced search