Home
News
Churches
About
 
#
Quick links
Churchman
Church Society Trust
Churchman
EV News

 CST Patronage

In providing links to parishes and dioceses we are not indicating that we approve of the content of those websites.

Previous - Next - Full List

Original:Kencot
Dedication:St George
Benefice:Shill Valley & Broadshire Group: Alvescot, Black Bourton, Broadwell, Broughton Poggs w Filkins, Holwell, Kelmscott, Kencot, Langford w Grafton and Radcot, Little Faringdon, Shilton, Westwell
Diocese: Oxford
Patronage:alternate turns: J Heyworth, O Newton Colville, Mrs P Allen and Dean & Chapter of the Cathedral Church of Christ in Oxford have joint 1st turn; Church Society Trust, F R Goodenough, D F Goodenough have joint 2nd turn.
Where patronage is exercised by turns Church Society Trust may have had no role in an appointment. Where patronage is held jointly the Trust likewise has a reduced role. Where a living is suspended the involvement of the Trust depends on the circumstances and the attitude of the Bishop.
Acquired from:A W Large
Acquired by:CAT
Date:1930
Status of Benefice:
Location: Multimap Link
CST Ref:60
The following are schemes, pictures and other documents relating to this parish
1 July 1995Scheme for union of benefices
1 June 1984Scheme for union of parishes
1 January 1981Scheme for union of benefices
1 May 1976Scheme for creation of new benefices
1 August 1966Scheme for union of benefices
Documents:1) Disentailing Assurance by H. B. Hamersley and H. Hamersley, 16/1/1865. 2) Conveyance of the advowson of Kencot Rectory, the Assigns in Bankruptcy of H. B. Hammersley and H. B. Hammersley to H. Hamersley, 2/7/1869. 3) Deed of Gift of the advowson of Kencot. A. W. Large to the Church Association Trust, 19/5/1930. The Grantor hereby conveys unto the association all that advowson and perpetual right of presentation of in and to the Rectory and Parish Church of Kencot with the rights and appurtenances thereto belonging to hold the same unto the association and its successors in fee simple.
Parsonage:Shilton rectory built by George Edmond Street in the 1860s at the time he was restoring the church next door. It was probably a rebuild or extension to an earlier medieval/Tudor building on site. (Source of information: Derek Cotterill, 2008)
Crockfords: Crockfords Link
A Church Near You: ACNY Link

back to top

 

CST Main pages

>> CST Home

>> About CST

>> Vacancies

>> Appointments (leaflets)

>> Apply to the Trust

>> Parishes List

>> Request Prayer

 search church society
Bullet Click for advanced search