Home
News
Churches
About
 
#
Quick links
Churchman
Church Society Trust
Churchman
EV News

 CST Patronage

In providing links to parishes and dioceses we are not indicating that we approve of the content of those websites.

Previous - Next - Full List

Original:Eastbourne
Dedication:All Souls
Benefice:Eastbourne, All Souls
Interior of All Souls (Postcard in Church Society files )
Diocese: Chichester
Patronage:Sole
Where patronage is exercised by turns Church Society Trust may have had no role in an appointment. Where patronage is held jointly the Trust likewise has a reduced role. Where a living is suspended the involvement of the Trust depends on the circumstances and the attitude of the Bishop.
Acquired from:
Acquired by:NCL
Date:1949
Status of Benefice:
Link: Parish Website
Location: Multimap Link
CST Ref:39
Documents:1) Appointment of New Trustees Charles Penruddocke and others (the appointors) and The National Church League and others, 8/2/1927. The appointors do hereby as Trustees convey unto the League all and singular the advowson and right of patronage specified in the second schedule hereto to hold the same unto the League their successors and assigns as Custodian Trustee or Trustees the appointers hereby assign and transfer unto the trustees all the rights of administration in respect of and nomination to the said advowson or right of patronage under the Principal Deed. 2) Appointment of New Trustees to the advowson of All Soul s Eastbourne, 29/8/1949.
Parsonage:The following is an extract from an Eastbourne Local History Society fact-sheet on James Peerless, the builder of All Soul's Church - 'Then in the 1880s Lady Victoria Long Wellesley financed the building of All Souls' Church with its campanile, vicarage, and church hall all to one unified by Parr and Strong of London.' She also set up a trust for the ministry. In 1959 the east wing of the vicarage was converted into a separate dwelling house, known as Wellesley House, for accommodation for a curate (see files for plan). It ceased to be used as accommodation for a curate in 1969. From 1969 until 1978 it was let out with the incumbent being the 'Landlord' (see files for agreement) In March 1978 it was agreed that the area outlined in red (see files for plan) on the enclosed drawing should be be severed to make it glebed and Wellesley House became the responsibility of the Diocese. (Source of information: Peter Wood, Church Warden, All Souls, 2008 - he has various documents and plans of the vicarage). Eastbourne H. T. : New parsonage built in 1960s, parish paid 2/3 cost. Rest paid by Diocese and Church Commissioners. (Source: David Phillips notes)
Crockfords: Crockfords Link
A Church Near You: ACNY Link

back to top

 

CST Main pages

>> CST Home

>> About CST

>> Vacancies

>> Appointments (leaflets)

>> Apply to the Trust

>> Parishes List

>> Request Prayer

 search church society
Bullet Click for advanced search